Time now: Sat Dec 14, 2019 14:33

[ 94 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Scott - a sad farewell 

Blackpool, Lancashire
Post Re: Scott - a sad farewell
i really can't believe it, the friendly funny 'wee wee' gone! i can't imagine a meet without him.
When it all goes t!t's up...........Get Matt and Ant to UPGRADE !!!

Why use 4.5l of oil when 9l will do ??

Tue Aug 26, 2014 16:40
Premier Member

Drives:
GTI

Kent
That's awful.

My sympathies also to his family..

He was a great guy with a fantastic sense of humour and will definitely be missed.

I'm the wrong end of the country, but I'd also like to send a wreath or contribute to a club one.

Really sad now.......
The most important nut is the one behind the wheel.

Tue Aug 26, 2014 19:43
Club Ambassador and Vice Chairman

Drives:
GTI

Chesterfield,Derbyshire "The nutter capital"
Just to let you guys know , a number of people have contacted me regarding donations. As such , Vanessa and I are organising flowers from the club.

We have arranged for an arrangement to be sent to Mandy , Jack and Molly which should be delivered tomorrow.

The card reads -

Please accept these flowers from friends at the Proton Owners Club - we send you (Mandy), Jack and Molly all our best wishes at this sad time.

Vanessa is also trying to arrange a special wreath from the club with a florist , this is still to be worked out if it can be done , further details will be posted on this when we have news.

Up to now ONLY the above flower arrangement has been paid for , the wreath - waiting on costs and whether the arrangement we want can be done.

Anyone wishing to contribute to the flowers for Mandy and the Club wreath - Please send as money to family and friends (see image below) - paypal address - ukv_anessa@sky.com

Please note , this is through our paypal , as its easier to get this sorted.

I have read through everyone's sentiments both on here and on Scott's facebook page - the outpouring of emotion is very evident and a testament to how well loved Scott was. I've found it quite hard myself , as with many of you , he was a good friend.
World first bespoke 4G93 Chargecooled Turbocharger install 227Bhp @ 7358 ,202Ftlb @ 5089, 10Psi 1/4 mile 14.5247 @ 98.11mph

Tue Aug 26, 2014 20:11
Profile WWW

Drives:
Savvy

Belfast
I've sent a donation. Just wish I could send more than I have been able to. The flowers look lovely
I'm not insane, I'm just smarter than you

Tue Aug 26, 2014 21:25

Drives:
Satria

Burnley, Lancashire
it wont be alot, but ill send some over tomorrow.
thank you for organising this mark. i too cant bear to read through the facebook messeges. sets me off everytime.

he was a very good friend, and always the life of the meets.
RIP Scott - We will never forget you

Tue Aug 26, 2014 21:39
Profile WWW

Drives:
Savvy

Belfast
I found it hard reading his fb page too - especially as only a few hours before the accident he had been posting pics of Edinburgh without a care in the world.
Still in shock about this

Tue Aug 26, 2014 22:47

Drives:
Non-Proton
oh no such bad news didnt see tis thread at first :( almost wish i hadnt like it cant b true so awful 4 his family and anyone who knows him gutted 4 them RIP fella you were a legend here on poc scott :notworthy

Tue Aug 26, 2014 22:50

Hi all thankyou for your support it's appreciated I will pass it all on to Mandy, I will keep an eye out for the flowers which we appreciate judging by the photo they look lovely sure Mandy will love them. I am going to keep mark posted on any funeral arrangements incase anyone wishes to attend.

Thankyou again
Stuart (Scott's brother in law)

Wed Aug 27, 2014 7:15

Drives:
GTI

Thanks Stuart, Scott was very well liked by many on here. I think it's hit everyone hard. I'm blown away by not only the support everyone's shown, but also the generosity for a much loved member and his family.

Funeral details would be appreciated as myself and Vanessa would like to attend, as well I think a number of others, also so we can arrange the planned club wreath.

Again my sincere condolences

Mark
World first bespoke 4G93 Chargecooled Turbocharger install 227Bhp @ 7358 ,202Ftlb @ 5089, 10Psi 1/4 mile 14.5247 @ 98.11mph

Wed Aug 27, 2014 7:50
Profile WWW

Hi I will check with Mandy but I think scott and us would love protons there on his leaving day so it would be great if you can attend as I said early I will contact you as soon as I here dates etc.

Much appreciated
Stuart

Wed Aug 27, 2014 7:58

Drives:
GTI

Thanks Stuart.

Vanessa has asked me to add her words to this thread -

Vanessa wrote:
“I am overwhelmed and moved by the support of the club members.  It pays great tribute to Scott’s memory and his family.”

Wed Aug 27, 2014 8:11
Profile WWW

Drives:
Savvy

Belfast
Hope no one minds but I spoke to CP over on savoc to let him know, and he asked me to pass on his condolences to Scott's family and everyone who knew him

Wed Aug 27, 2014 9:09
Premier Member

Drives:
GTI

East Yorkshire
Thought it would be easier to write this after a few days, but it isn't.

Pretty much exactly like everybody has said, Scott was an awesome guy, full of energy and great sense of humour, always willing to help or give advice, even if he had to travel to do so.

Met him a couple of times at his house (buying and selling), he was always wheeling and dealing. Then quite a few times at meets, not to mention countless pm's and the odd text / phonecall. Always a pleasure to be around and I know the meets won't be the same without him.

My engine is the one he sold me, so I'll never forget. He was always interested in how it was getting on, so that engine and further progression of it is dedicated to him.

I'm also so sorry for the loved ones he's left behind, my heart goes out to them.

Pretty safe to say he touched the hearts of those who met him

So sad Scott, rest easy!

My donation has been sent. Flowers and wreath sounds great idea
Blessed is he who learned to laugh at himself for he shall never cease to be entertained

At what point did we have to start playing the game 'Guess which way the car is going at the roundabout'

Wed Aug 27, 2014 10:29

Drives:
GTI

Leicestershire
Just sent a small donation Mark.

Please feel free to put it towards any tributes to Scott, or as a club donation, as with having many dealings with Scott i know he was a big supporter for people donating to club.

The forum won't be the same without his witty humour, his on/off obsession of Protons, and his knowledge.

A lovely guy who will be missed by many
WANTED: EVO COUPE SPLITTER...PM ME IF YOU CAN HELP

My Car Thread
http://www.protonownersclub.co.uk/forum ... hp?t=11710

Thanks To;
Ashby Garage Proton
Simon182
Firefly

Wed Aug 27, 2014 10:57
Profile WWW

Drives:
GTI

Vanessa called the florist today regarding the wreath , we've had to make some compromises as to what can be done , but we have a plan now of what we want.

I can reveal that it will be a circular wreath around 18/19" in diameter with the Proton thundercat in blue and white something like this -

We're hoping that it turns out as well as we are expecting , go ahead will be given once we have details from Stuart regarding funeral arrangements.

Wed Aug 27, 2014 15:00
Profile WWW
25/04/1983 - 24/08/2014 RIP

Drives:
Non-Proton

Co. Durham
Hi everyone it is Mandy (Scott's wife), I would like to say thank you for your kind words and generosity, my brother in law was kind enough to let everyone know as I couldn't bring myself to do it, he mentioned that people wanted to maybe call up to the funeral but that is all up to you. Yours are very welcome to pay your respects. Thank you again and I will some how contact whoever may want to come up. I have literally just received my flowers and they are beautiful. Xxxxx
11 stone wet through, a bit of a pi55 head, and a little difficult to understand, but still decent entertainment.......

Wed Aug 27, 2014 15:08

Drives:
GTI

Hi Mandy... It's Vanessa (Phoenix's wife)... I'm sure I speak for everyone when I say it was an absolute pleasure to have known your Scott - and you through him. The flowers are just a small token from us to you as a mark of respect and best wishes to the Soulsby family.

We are glad you like them and think they are beautiful... but not (I'm sure you'll agree) as beautiful as the one who has left us all.

Take care Mandy and love to your little ones.

Wed Aug 27, 2014 15:15
Profile WWW

Drives:
Savvy

Belfast
Mandy it was always a pleasure dealing with Scott and he always made time for us few girls on here with advice and banter, without making us feel like silly girls.

He will be missed a lot x

Wed Aug 27, 2014 16:39
Premier Member

Drives:
Persona (new)

The Deep South (coast)
CJ GTI wrote:
Just sent a small donation.

Please feel free to put it towards any tributes to Scott, or as a club donation, I know he was a big supporter for people donating to club.

The forum won't be the same without his witty humour, his on/off obsession of Protons, and his knowledge.

A lovely guy who will be missed by many

Here, here.

Nice idea about the Proton thundercat tribute and to read that the flowers sent to his closest family were well received today. Just sad that no one can change what happened or take away the feelings of loss.
2009 Proton Persona 16V IAFM saloon Automatic Ecologic, (Mica Black - my does-everything chief wheels)
2017 Citroen C3 1.2 PureTech 82 'Feel' hatch, (Ruby Red/Black roof - Wife's new offbeat 12V trolley)
1993 Porsche 968 16V Tiptronic Coupe, (Black, been 'sold' twice now, but no-one actually pays...)

Wed Aug 27, 2014 17:30

Drives:
GTI

Hersham Surrey
I'm absolutely stunned and have little I can say, such a character and one I never got to meet.
My heart is with the family and friends, RIP Scott
AWD GTI 4G63 250 BHP@4985 rpm 281 ft/lbs but not for long .....

Wed Aug 27, 2014 17:43
Reply to topic   [ 94 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next