Time now: Tue Sep 17, 2019 0:14

[ 11 posts ] 
Posting Pics 

Drives:
Perdana

Bag End
Post Posting Pics
Okay.... Hobbit's going to make this a sticky, we both keep getting a lot of PM's asking about it. :D

To post pics, most member on here use a site www.photobucket.com, to get photos from their pc onto the net. It's a free media-hosting site, although that's the one that a lot of us use, there are plenty out there.
You'll have to register on the site, but registration's free, and it'll talk you through.
To upload your photos there, photobucket will give you a full explanation. Once your photos are fully uploaded, you can view a small thumbnail version, with some data written underneath.
Open a second window, and go to this site. On a message window- either 'post a new topic' or 'reply message', there are a list of grey buttons, with one titled 'IMG'.
Copy the URL link, and post into the message window on this site, hitting the 'IMG' button before and after.

The link should look like this-

Preview the image, and if you're still having problems, PM me, I'm more than happy to help. :D
natalie_kyle@hotmail.com

Mon Mar 19, 2007 0:14

Drives:
Gen2

Forest of Dean
Post Avatar uploading
This is how to upload what is known as the avatar picture you can have displayed alongside your name when posting messages.

Go to the profile section along the top of the page toolbar. Then simply upload an image from your machine by selecting the browse button and clicking on the file you want to use.

Remember the dimensions of the image must be no more than 250 pixels wide by 250 pixels high and no larger than 9.7mb in file size. If you have a problem re-sizing your image pm me or send the image to me at karatekidcj@hotmail.co.uk! Alternativly you can upload it onto www.photobucket.com and this site will resize it for you by clicking on edit...you must then copy the image url into the approproite box in your profile

Fri Mar 23, 2007 14:23
Profile WWW

livingston
Post my pics
:D :D :D hi there i think i did manage to get my picture on my profile but still nd to have a look.........so thanku very for the info........ :wink:
proton al

Fri Nov 09, 2007 1:46

Drives:
Perdana

Bag End
natalie_kyle@hotmail.com

Fri Nov 09, 2007 21:11

Drives:
Coupé

highlands of scotland
Post Re: Posting Pics
Hi

Iv uploaded my pics but am having some troubles posting them. im not sure what you mean about a url link, i could only see a direct link and a HTML link. Could you please help me?

Sat Feb 05, 2011 17:16

Wales Wrexham
Del wrote:
Hi

Iv uploaded my pics but am having some troubles posting them. im not sure what you mean about a url link, i could only see a direct link and a HTML link. Could you please help me?

When you upload pictures on to photobucket.com you will see IMG at the bottom. You click on that link it will copy. Then you paste it in to your post. The IMG link at the bottom of the picture there 4 of them. :D
Join the proton club for just £10 for the year thats 83p a month and help support the Proton club and forum! :smt114 Want extra help with problems, electrical diagrams Join the "Premier member" private section :smt111

Sat Feb 05, 2011 17:32
Profile WWW

Wales Wrexham
When you put your cursor arrow over a picture it will bring options up. The IMG code one is the one you need. :wink:
Join the proton club for just £10 for the year thats 83p a month and help support the Proton club and forum! :smt114 Want extra help with problems, electrical diagrams Join the "Premier member" private section :smt111

Sun Feb 06, 2011 22:59
Profile WWW

Drives:
Coupé

highlands of scotland
Thanks Welshy Pete i finally got it now cheers :P

Mon Feb 07, 2011 17:39

Wales Wrexham
Del wrote:
Thanks Welshy Pete i finally got it now cheers :P

Great Im glad you managed to sort it out. :smt023

Mon Feb 07, 2011 19:45
Profile WWW

Drives:
Savvy

Cromer, Norfolk
Subject: Posting Pics

Natalie Stewart wrote:

Open a second window, and go to this site. On a message window- either 'post a new topic' or 'reply message', there are a list of grey buttons, with one titled 'IMG'.
Copy the URL link, and post into the message window on this site, hitting the 'IMG' button before and after.

:D

Does it work with Facebook URL's?

Stuart

Sat Aug 06, 2011 7:59

Drives:
Satria

Burnley, Lancashire
the url will show, but not the picture
and i know i for one dont have facebook so couldnt click on the links?

photobucket is a simple website and works a treat. tbh anyone that doesnt have a photobucket account these days meeds shooting :)
RIP Scott - We will never forget you

Sat Aug 06, 2011 8:06
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 11 posts ]