Time now: Sun Nov 17, 2019 4:19

[ 29 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
Posting problem clicking submit 

Wales Wrexham
Post Posting problem clicking submit
Ive noticed recently I have to click submit 2 times to make the post work. :smt017
Join the proton club for just £10 for the year thats 83p a month and help support the Proton club and forum! :smt114 Want extra help with problems, electrical diagrams Join the "Premier member" private section :smt111

Mon Dec 19, 2011 21:23
Profile WWW

Wales Wrexham
Post Re: Posting problem clicking submit
Welshy_Pete wrote:
Ive noticed recently I have to click submit 2 times to make the post work. :smt017

Anybody else having this problem? :?:
Join the proton club for just £10 for the year thats 83p a month and help support the Proton club and forum! :smt114 Want extra help with problems, electrical diagrams Join the "Premier member" private section :smt111

Fri Jan 20, 2012 20:14
Profile WWW
Account banned/deleted

I dont get that but I do get a problem with the board size when replying to a post..board width is massive and smiley box takes up half of it..gotta move it over to the left quite often to read what I has written.. :lol:

Sat Jan 21, 2012 11:33
Premier Member

Drives:
GTI

East Yorkshire
Captain Proton wrote:
I dont get that but I do get a problem with the board size when replying to a post..board width is massive and smiley box takes up half of it..gotta move it over to the left quite often to read what I has written.. :lol:

Ive noticed that sometimes

Is it when there is a overly large picture on the page? Is that why the width extends?
Blessed is he who learned to laugh at himself for he shall never cease to be entertained

At what point did we have to start playing the game 'Guess which way the car is going at the roundabout'

Sat Jan 21, 2012 22:46
Account banned/deleted

nigebc wrote:
Captain Proton wrote:

Ive noticed that sometimes

Is it when there is a overly large picture on the page? Is that why the width extends?

You got it Nige..tiz exactly that..

Sun Jan 22, 2012 0:40
Merda taurorum animas conturbit

What monitor setting (resolution) are you guys using?

Sun Jan 22, 2012 13:12
Account banned/deleted

I use 100%..that what you mean figgy..tried it smaller 75% and I had to scrunch me eyes up to read it..would like to use 125% but thats out of the question..would i need a bigger monitor to do that.. :?:

Down stairs monitor is 17" but my lapamabob one is smaller and thats the one I use at the mo cos I cant get down stairs and I am chained to the bed and held prisoner.. :lol:

Last edited by Captain Proton on Sun Jan 22, 2012 14:56, edited 1 time in total.

Sun Jan 22, 2012 14:53
Club Ambassador and Vice Chairman

Drives:
GTI

Chesterfield,Derbyshire "The nutter capital"
Captain Proton wrote:
I use 100%..that what you mean figgy..tried it smaller 75% and I had to scrunch me eyes up to read it..would like to use 125% but thats out of the question..would i need a bigger monitor to do that.. :?:

It's the screen resolution he's asking about Phil , this is in your computer settings ie control panel , display
World first bespoke 4G93 Chargecooled Turbocharger install 227Bhp @ 7358 ,202Ftlb @ 5089, 10Psi 1/4 mile 14.5247 @ 98.11mph

Sun Jan 22, 2012 14:55
Profile WWW
Account banned/deleted

The Phoenix wrote:
Captain Proton wrote:

It's the screen resolution he's asking about Phil , this is in your computer settings ie control panel , display

Dont know what that is then...sorry..
I dont fiddle with things I dont understand they tend to go bang when I do :oops:

Sun Jan 22, 2012 14:58

Which version of Windows are you using?

Sun Jan 22, 2012 16:08
Account banned/deleted

FIGMENT wrote:
Which version of Windows are you using?

On my laptopamabob..IE 9 and XP and downstairs windows XP with IE8 I think..

Sun Jan 22, 2012 17:33

Click Start Button
Click Control Panel
Click Display
Click the Settings tab
You should see a slider. What numbers is the pointer at?

Sun Jan 22, 2012 17:50
Premier Member

Drives:
GTI

East Yorkshire
Im on XP
Mine are at 1152 x 864

Does it need changing?
Blessed is he who learned to laugh at himself for he shall never cease to be entertained

At what point did we have to start playing the game 'Guess which way the car is going at the roundabout'

Sun Jan 22, 2012 22:43

Drives:
Satria

Burnley, Lancashire
Wow xp now ur going back :)

I dont have this problem. But running win7 cant remember res off top of my head. Think its equivilent to 1080p tvs however I dont have Firefox full screen. Like to have plenty of desktop around it
RIP Scott - We will never forget you

Sun Jan 22, 2012 22:54
Profile WWW
Account banned/deleted

supraking wrote:
Wow xp now ur going back :)

I dont have this problem. But running win7 cant remember res off top of my head. Think its equivilent to 1080p tvs however I dont have Firefox full screen. Like to have plenty of desktop around it

Its whats on the laptopamabob when it was dug out of the attic for me..Its cost me nowt so I aint complaining..back button key is missing and I have to press on the button thats under that :lol: acer travel mate 2500 is old I'm guessing then but I aint fussed ..down loaded IE9on the lappy now it all over the bloomin place..lost my favorites column as well.. ](*,) I want XP back..
:smt042

1024x768 is what I got figgy..followed your instructions smart arse.. ;) Ta..

Mon Jan 23, 2012 18:13

That explains why you have to scroll sideways when a large image has been posted. The main part of the forum is a minimum of 980pixels wide, which will display fine on your monitor until someone posts a large image. Depending on your graphics card, you may be able to change it to 1280x1024, which will make everything smaller. you can then use the 125% setting to make text and icons bigger.

IE9 does not replace XP. It is an internet browser, and would have replaced whichever version of IE was previously installed (possibly IE7) If IE9 was installed correctly, your favorites would have been imported from the earlier version.

To show favorites, right click on the blue bar at the top of the IE9 window (just below the address bar) and click on "Menu Bar". On the new menu that appears you'll find a llink for favorites.

Mon Jan 23, 2012 19:39

nigebc wrote:
Im on XP
Mine are at 1152 x 864

Does it need changing?

No harm in experimenting with any other settings available to you. If you don't like how it looks, just change it back.

Mon Jan 23, 2012 19:41

Wales Wrexham
Welshy_Pete wrote:

Any idea on this cause this is what the thread about?

Mon Jan 23, 2012 20:00
Profile WWW

Welshy_Pete wrote:
Welshy_Pete wrote:

No, sorry, never heard of that one, and it seems you're the only one with the problem which makes it harder to solve.

Mon Jan 23, 2012 20:09

Wales Wrexham
FIGMENT wrote:
Welshy_Pete wrote:
Welshy_Pete wrote:

No, sorry, never heard of that one, and it seems you're the only one with the problem which makes it harder to solve.

Im using windows 7 with exp 64bit

Mon Jan 23, 2012 20:11
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 29 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next