Time now: Tue Sep 17, 2019 0:13

[ 18 posts ] 
Pictures hassle of changing the size 

Wales Wrexham
Post Pictures hassle of changing the size
Hiya I like the new look of the website now but the hassle of changing the size of the pictures are a pain in the arse. Normally just use photobucket etc no problem but now resize this resize that pain in the arse!

There away to automaticly resize pictures on forums wen you post them on I think this option should be added on here cause its messing about resizing pictures i cant be arsed!

I just want to be able to post fast quick n easy with no messing about like most people do.

Example on anther forum picture automaticly done. They do this on all forums now as standard.
Reduced: 62% of original size [ 1024 x 768 ] - Click to view full image
Join the proton club for just £10 for the year thats 83p a month and help support the Proton club and forum! :smt114 Want extra help with problems, electrical diagrams Join the "Premier member" private section :smt111

Sun Nov 08, 2009 13:53
Profile WWW
25/04/1983 - 24/08/2014 RIP

Drives:
Non-Proton

Co. Durham
Post Re: Pictures hassle of changing the size
There is the option to upload them to this site.
11 stone wet through, a bit of a pi55 head, and a little difficult to understand, but still decent entertainment.......

Sun Nov 08, 2009 14:16
Club Ambassador and Vice Chairman

Drives:
GTI

Chesterfield,Derbyshire "The nutter capital"
There maybe on option to automatic resize on upload to photobucket , you could just post thumbnails , resize before upload or resize within photobucket. ;-)
World first bespoke 4G93 Chargecooled Turbocharger install 227Bhp @ 7358 ,202Ftlb @ 5089, 10Psi 1/4 mile 14.5247 @ 98.11mph

Sun Nov 08, 2009 14:53
Profile WWW

Drives:
GTI

scott wrote:

I would imagine that if everyone uploads directly to here then more bandwidth will be used and us prem members will have to pay more to keep the site running. :wink:
World first bespoke 4G93 Chargecooled Turbocharger install 227Bhp @ 7358 ,202Ftlb @ 5089, 10Psi 1/4 mile 14.5247 @ 98.11mph

Sun Nov 08, 2009 14:56
Profile WWW

Drives:
GTI

Shotton
Use this.

http://www.irfanview.com/

You have the option to do a batch resize.
I upload my images from my camera to my PC I then resize tham in batch and uplaod that batch to photobucket.
I'm a lover of lethal mechanical toys......

ImageImage

Sun Nov 08, 2009 15:08
Profile WWW

Wales Wrexham
scott wrote:

Were that then fella?
Join the proton club for just £10 for the year thats 83p a month and help support the Proton club and forum! :smt114 Want extra help with problems, electrical diagrams Join the "Premier member" private section :smt111

Sun Nov 08, 2009 15:14
Profile WWW

Nothern Ireland
its for your avatar useage only.... we aren't a hosting site for everyones images

Sun Nov 08, 2009 17:28
Merda taurorum animas conturbit

scott wrote:

There never was an option to upload them to this site. The option to upload them to postimage was removed during the upgrade due to incompatibility. I'm currently attempting to find an alternative solution. I've tried two possible options today, but both caused problems to the forum layout.

Welshy_Pete wrote:
Hiya I like the new look of the website now but the hassle of changing the size of the pictures are a pain in the arse. Normally just use photobucket etc no problem but now resize this resize that pain in the arse!
There away to automaticly resize pictures on forums wen you post them on I think this option should be added on here cause its messing about resizing pictures i cant be arsed!
I just want to be able to post fast quick n easy with no messing about like most people do.

Example on anther forum picture automaticly done. They do this on all forums now as standard.
Reduced: 62% of original size [ 1024 x 768 ] - Click to view full image

The easy answer is don't post images.

I imagine it's almost as much of a PITA for moderators to keep moving your posts to the correct forum.

Sun Nov 08, 2009 17:39
25/04/1983 - 24/08/2014 RIP

Drives:
Non-Proton

Co. Durham
hobbit wrote:
its for your avatar useage only.... we aren't a hosting site for everyones images

There was the facility to add an image to the post, that was what I was referring to :?

FIGMENT wrote:
There never was an option to upload them to this site. The option to upload them to postimage was removed during the upgrade due to incompatibility. I'm currently attempting to find an alternative solution. I've tried two possible options today, but both caused problems to the forum layout.

Hadn't realised it linked to another site, I thought it was hosted by the forum. I think I only ever used it once as I like to see the full size image straight away (whatever size the full size image is), instead of having to click to see the image.
11 stone wet through, a bit of a pi55 head, and a little difficult to understand, but still decent entertainment.......

Sun Nov 08, 2009 17:52
Merda taurorum animas conturbit

scott wrote:
hobbit wrote:

There was the facility to add an image to the post, that was what I was referring to :?

FIGMENT wrote:

Hadn't realised it linked to another site, I thought it was hosted by the forum. I think I only ever used it once as I like to see the full size image straight away (whatever size the full size image is), instead of having to click to see the image.

It uploaded to postimage.org. I have just found and installed the new version of this uploader.

There is now a size limit on inline images (i.e. full size images) to prevent the forum layout being stretched, forcing people to scroll sideways to see content. Image dimensions are checked as messages are submitted, the post will fail if images are too large.

Sun Nov 08, 2009 18:01

Drives:
GTI

As you know I upload a lot of images regularly to photobucket and don't find it a major hassle - easy enough to resize at photobucket or I could post the thumbnail instead. :D

Sun Nov 08, 2009 19:55
Profile WWW

Drives:
Satria

Burnley, Lancashire
just to point out. photobucket has an option for the size when u upload. i jsut set it to which ever size the forum needs at the time and it will resize on upload, so much easier
RIP Scott - We will never forget you

Sun Nov 08, 2009 19:56
Profile WWW

Drives:
GTI

supraking wrote:
just to point out. photobucket has an option for the size when u upload. i jsut set it to which ever size the forum needs at the time and it will resize on upload, so much easier

Thought there would be that option Ash - where is it? I'll set mine up to do it. :D

Sun Nov 08, 2009 19:58
Profile WWW

Drives:
GTI

The Phoenix wrote:
supraking wrote:

Thought there would be that option Ash - where is it? I'll set mine up to do it. :D

Found it and done. :-D Click more options directly under the upload button and tick Large 640 x 480 - this will automatically resize the images on upload. :-D

Sun Nov 08, 2009 20:01
Profile WWW

Drives:
Satria

Burnley, Lancashire
sorry took me a while :)
yeah, if the image is smaller it doesnt increase the size, but if its larger it will shrink it :)
RIP Scott - We will never forget you

Sun Nov 08, 2009 20:14
Profile WWW
Premier Member

Drives:
GTI

East Yorkshire
The Phoenix wrote:
The Phoenix wrote:
supraking wrote:

Found it and done. :-D Click more options directly under the upload button and tick Large 640 x 480 - this will automatically resize the images on upload. :-D

Yep, thats how i do it

and i hate to use the word, but, SIMPLEZ

Never had a problem my self, when i upload to photobucket, i upload them to a size that suits this site, then just copy the link, hey presto! No worries !!
Blessed is he who learned to laugh at himself for he shall never cease to be entertained

At what point did we have to start playing the game 'Guess which way the car is going at the roundabout'

Mon Nov 09, 2009 18:54

Drives:
GTI

welshladmoz wrote:
Is there a way of changing all the pics on photobucket to the correct size for on here?

because when i try to change topic name it wont allow due to pics being to big...

You can edit photo's individually and resize on photobucket ;-)

Change setting on upload and they are automatically resized on uploading. ;-)

Thu Dec 03, 2009 0:03
Profile WWW

Drives:
GTI

You can but you have to do it individually via the resize button. ;-)

Thu Dec 03, 2009 16:48
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 18 posts ]