Time now: Thu Apr 09, 2020 14:32

[ 3 posts ] 
last jumbuck standing 

Post last jumbuck standing
Hi all. Greetings from the Shetland Islands. Bought my jumbuck as a cheep work horse, no MOT, list of faults as long as your arm, it did run until I got it to the workshop then it died. One year on and nearly ready for MOT. Engine ECU, immobiliser unit and key receiver changed, fuel tank removed and cleaned and life was restored. Headlight wiring fault repaired, corroded wires under engine bay fuse box. door locks seized while outside workshop, drivers door glass replaced as it was the easiest access at the time.
Many brake components replaced, to many to mention. Faulty radio replaced. chassis welded and undersealed. So just the front fog lights to sort, would appear to have a relay with 3 positive feeds, earth and no switching feed/earth. More hours head scratching required I fear. looking forward to hearing from you all.

Thu May 09, 2019 20:58
Club Ambassador and Vice Chairman

Drives:
GTI

Chesterfield,Derbyshire "The nutter capital"
Post Re: last jumbuck standing
Hello and welcome , rare to hear from your area. There is a GTI owner from your neck of the woods. :)

Sounds like you are handy with a spanner as well. :D
World first bespoke 4G93 Chargecooled Turbocharger install 227Bhp @ 7358 ,202Ftlb @ 5089, 10Psi 1/4 mile 14.5247 @ 98.11mph

Sat May 11, 2019 22:33
Profile WWW

Post Re: last jumbuck standing
Hi
Yes I can be a bit handy with the spanners, engineer for the last 34 years.
Just as well to get the old buggy through its MOT.
It passed, not to bad since its last one was in 2011.

Wed Jun 26, 2019 20:02
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]