Time now: Tue Sep 17, 2019 0:09

[ 3 posts ] 
insurance renewal 

Drives:
Saga

oxfordshire
Post insurance renewal
Received my insurance renewal a couple of days ago which has gone up by £10pa to £140 on a classic policy, so still very reasonable methinks although it is limited mileage.

Having been working on my other proton which is now within days of being ready for it's mot I asked them about a multi car policy thinking it may be a cheaper option for them both.

I was informed by the person on the other end of the phone that my cars are not valuable enough to insure this way!!!!!!

This is a first for me, I thought insurance companies bit your hand off to take your money :!:

Fri Jul 06, 2018 6:19

Drives:
Satria

Burnley, Lancashire
Post Re: insurance renewal
depends what the car is, what year it is. and how much its worth. i struggled with mine as its not old enough or snobby enough to be classed as a classic and not worth enough for some insurers to bother.

even the modified ones wanted daft cash to insure it
RIP Scott - We will never forget you

Fri Jul 06, 2018 12:49
Profile WWW
Premier Member

Drives:
Jumbuck

Cheshire
Post Re: insurance renewal
I have been turned down for classic car insurance when the car was old enough, but I wasn't!
(A long time ago, I might add!)

I tried to use a 1-day insurance on my Wira donor car, so I could drive it home and one company said they wouldn't cover it as it was not worth enough! I went with DayInsure in the end and they were fine about it, I have used them for 1-day insurance ever since.
Current cars:- Jumbuck, Wira, Gas Powered Jeep ZJ, Volvo V70, Mazda2

Mon Jul 09, 2018 12:23
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]