Time now: Fri Sep 20, 2019 17:55

[ 8 posts ] 
Train set 

Drives:
GTI

Brisbane , Australia
Post Train set
A mother was working in the kitchen, listening to her five-year-old son playing with his new electric train set in the living room.
She heard the train stop and her son saying, 'All of You b*****ds who want off, get off now, 'cos we're in a hurry! And all of you b*****ds who are getting on, get on now, 'cos we're going down the tracks'.
The horrified mother went in and told her son, 'We don't use that kind of language in this house. Now I want you to go to your room and stay there for
TWO HOURS.
When you come out, you may play with your train, but I want you to use nice language.'
Two hours later, the son came out of the bedroom and resumed playing with his train. Soon the train stopped and the mother heard her son say,
'All passengers who are disembarking the train, please remember to take all of your belongings with you.
We thank you for travelling with us today and hope your trip was a pleasant one.'
She hears the little boy continue,
'For those of you just boarding, we ask you to stow all of your hand luggage under your seat. Remember, there is no smoking on the train.
We hope you will have a pleasant and relaxing journey with us today.'
As the mother began to smile, the child added..........
'For those of you who are 'wee wee' off about the TWO HOUR delay, please see the fat controller in the kitchen.
Ford Transit MK6 2.3 DOHC
Mitsubishi L400 Express auto
GTI 2003 (Siemens)

Sat Nov 14, 2015 21:27
Club Ambassador and Vice Chairman

Drives:
GTI

Chesterfield,Derbyshire "The nutter capital"
Post Re: Train set
Rofl, old ones are the best! :lol: :lol:
World first bespoke 4G93 Chargecooled Turbocharger install 227Bhp @ 7358 ,202Ftlb @ 5089, 10Psi 1/4 mile 14.5247 @ 98.11mph

Sat Nov 14, 2015 22:13
Profile WWW

Drives:
GTI

Brisbane , Australia
Lol ....... didn't realise there was a word censor on here
GTI 2003 (Siemens)

Sat Nov 14, 2015 22:36

Drives:
GTI

Yep there's been one on for sometime - swear words do have a funny replacement. :lol:
World first bespoke 4G93 Chargecooled Turbocharger install 227Bhp @ 7358 ,202Ftlb @ 5089, 10Psi 1/4 mile 14.5247 @ 98.11mph

Sat Nov 14, 2015 23:32
Profile WWW

Drives:
GTI

Brisbane , Australia
Thanks Mark , will have to watch my p's and q's as they used to say ..........
Incidentally , I've been reading your "drone" thread with great interest and watching your flying debut . Does any damage occur to the undercarriage when you accidentally "touch down" and could you strap one of these on the top of a Savvy to give it a bit of oomph ? :)
GTI 2003 (Siemens)

Sun Nov 15, 2015 0:27

Drives:
GTI

Cheers lol :lol:

Must admit the V393 is very forgiving to beginners - we did manage to just knock off the foam pads at the bottom of the legs which I've now remedied with micro cable ties and new double sided tape on the feet.

I have also practiced to reduce impacts on the legs although it might well to take a while to perfect. :D

As for strapping to a savvy, doubt the drone would make it faster - would probably ripped the legs off trying! :lol:

I am a modder at heart, thinking back to when I was younger, I wanted a modded yank, so that's yet to be achieved. I also wanted as I suspect many did a copter ala airwolf and the V393 takes me that bit closer although it is easier to fly than a copter. Awesome piece of kit and does inspire to do more. :-D

I do hope that more take up the hobby, doesn't matter on what type it is great fun. :D

Something else has crossed my mind - what about using the video transmitters / receivers for us in cars? Think about it :-D. Live feed to experience incar racing from the inside while you watch from the outside? :twisted:

Gopro have a hook in station, other cameras, it ain't hard to hook up a transmitter as they are dirt cheap nowadays. :D

Sun Nov 15, 2015 1:44
Profile WWW

Drives:
GTI

Brisbane , Australia
Well good on you ....... I read many of your posts ( even the very loooooooong ones ) with interest . You always seem to throw yourself into projects wholeheartedly . There's a member on the Ford Transit site who is similar , replies to as many posts as he can and has a broad knowledge of most things auto ..... great help to newbie diyers such as myself who have a lot to learn.
I wonder , if the no. of drone owners does dramatically increase , will the govt. intervene and require registration ? A great money grab and it's occurred to me that a lot of evildoers could run amok with a drone.
GTI 2003 (Siemens)

Sun Nov 15, 2015 2:16

Drives:
GTI

Thank you so much for saying so :D once upon a time there were more of us.

I try to help out newbies to whatever as I can. I have joined rcgroups.com, but I have observed they are way, way off here as welcoming or helpful - nowt but a top degree of knowledge seems their way which is a shame for newbies to the hobby. Luckily I'm not put off by it, rather I move the other way to achieve better.

Drone usage has increased, laws have also, I believe respectful use is the key. The nobbers who fly well above what is not only safe and legal is stupid.

There is a lot of legalisation released regarding drones, but shouldn't put off newbies to the hobby as there so much fun to be had. :D Being a newbie myself it's amazing flying, way different to anything else. The Ariel footage is amazing with more to come I'm sure.

What is hard is Lipo battery care - I already killed one lol

Sun Nov 15, 2015 2:44
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 8 posts ]