Time now: Wed Nov 13, 2019 7:43

[ 3 posts ] 
Advice needed on selling my 3rd car 

Wales Wrexham
 Advice needed on selling my 3rd car
I've got somebody interested in buying the proton I have for sale.

I'm selling the car cash on collection. But this person wants to use Paypal I know taking payments like this can cause problems if they make a claim. They get there money back also the car with them I don't want this hassle.

I have explained the only other way sending paypal as a gift this safe for me?

Also if they use there credit card payment through paypal will this be safe or not for me as there cover for them?

I want to make sure I'm not messed about simple really.

Thanks
Join the proton club for just £10 for the year thats 83p a month and help support the Proton club and forum! :smt114 Want extra help with problems, electrical diagrams Join the "Premier member" private section :smt111

Mon Sep 21, 2015 11:45
Profile WWW

Post Re: Advice needed on selling my 3rd car
Doing it via gift or "friends and family" as I believe it is now called, is the only way to ensure that 1. There are no fees deducted from the amount the recipient gets (the sender will still have to pay fees if they use a card to fund the transfer), and 2. There is no comeback.

Mon Sep 21, 2015 14:58

Derbyshire.
Post Re: Advice needed on selling my 3rd car
pete be carefull :-k
There are a lot of scams being done via paypal
google them and see :smt045
Basically someone will email you ,its never a phone call they will not phone you its all via email
They are away on business at sea, oil rig or marine biologist,disabled and cant collect etc etc.
They can only pay via paypal
and they will send a courier to collect the car
The scam works by they offer you more than the asking price
they then get you to paypal a fee to the courier for them to collect the car ,nothing happens and you have lost that money
or
They pay you the money via paypal and when you get the knock at the door they then reverse the payment :roll:
your otherwise engaged,they get the car docs etc and you have no money ](*,)
paypal wont do anything as cars are not covered and neither is collect only items as they have no tracking ,proof of delivery etc as set out in paypal money back guarantee/seller protection
cash only or no sale pete
Satria Neo Sport 1.6
MG3 1.5 style lux
Nextanother Satria Neo Sport

Mon Sep 21, 2015 22:22
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]