Time now: Wed Nov 13, 2019 5:45

[ 94 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Scott - a sad farewell 
Club Ambassador and Vice Chairman

Drives:
GTI

Chesterfield,Derbyshire "The nutter capital"
Post Re: Scott - a sad farewell
We thought you might like it Mandy. We love St Bees as well, we haven't been for a few years so Scott was always teasing us with texts and photo's saying look where I am, so I suppose he's got the last word in lol.

Plaque is now ordered and paid for, we also feel honoured that we are having some personal involvement with plaque travelling with us for placement at St Bees.
World first bespoke 4G93 Chargecooled Turbocharger install 227Bhp @ 7358 ,202Ftlb @ 5089, 10Psi 1/4 mile 14.5247 @ 98.11mph

Tue Sep 02, 2014 10:37
Profile WWW

Drives:
GTI

Leicestershire
I think the plaque is a great idea. Much more a personal tribute, and one that should last forever.

I know it was mentioned before on the forum about a big/long meet, and i know its close to Japshow final day time, and its more classic cars that have a "season"

But how about an annual/bi annual end of season memorial club meet/weekend at St bees?

I know both Scott and Mark rate the place, would be a nice place to spend a weekend, catching up with friends, talking all things petrol head
WANTED: EVO COUPE SPLITTER...PM ME IF YOU CAN HELP

My Car Thread
http://www.protonownersclub.co.uk/forum ... hp?t=11710

Thanks To;
Ashby Garage Proton
Simon182
Firefly

Tue Sep 02, 2014 14:29
Profile WWW
Premier Member

Drives:
Coupé

Hampshire
Err... Mandy.... I've no idea what to say and can't comprehend what you must be feeling.... I was saddened to hear the news. My condolences....

Always remember the happy times....

AJ
2015, 2014 and 2013 Avon Tyres / TTC Group MSA British Hillclimb Leaders Champion Class A(i)......

Personal Best: Gurston Down - 40.89s, Wiscombe Park - 48.77s, Prescott 53.81, Harewood - 73.46s, Shelsley Walsh - 38.51s, Loton Park - 67.13s, Llys y Fran - 55.36s.....

Tue Sep 02, 2014 18:38
Profile WWW

Drives:
GTI

Just a reminder, our involvement in the owners club group donations ends at 10pm tonight to enable us to prepare the donation to blood bikes for tomorrow.

A massive thank you to all that have donated and made all this possible.

If anyone else wishes to donate to the group tribute please send donations to

ukv_anessa@sky.com

Many thanks

Wed Sep 03, 2014 8:43
Profile WWW

Drives:
Gen2

Llantrisant
Whilst I never knew Scott, my condolences are with his family & friends at this sad time.

Reading the sentiments he was a very well liked community member and I would feel honoured to contribute.

Wed Sep 03, 2014 10:28

Drives:
GTI

Just to let you know - we are no longer accepting donations to the Blood Bikes for Scott as we need to get in an early night for an early start tomorrow. Any donations sent to Vanessa now will
have to be returned to sender as the total donation has now been prepared and sealed ready to hand over tomorrow.

The generosity and thoughtfulness of Scott's friends and fellow members of POC has been
overwhelming. We have had a final tot up and can now reveal that, in addition to the flowers and
the plaque, friends' donations amount to a total of £175 for the Northumbria Blood Bikes.

If anyone is interested to see how their donations will help the Blood Bikes they can see what the
money pays for here http://www.northumbriabloodbikes.org.uk/wish-list-page

A few of us will be attending Scott's funeral tomorrow morning - at which time the cash will be
handed over to the family to include along with other donations on the day.

A specific envelope bearing the proton logo and a message from friends has been printed off so
that the donation can be identified as being from friends at POC.

Anyone who has not had the chance to donate but would still wish to do so, please make your
donation directly from the Blood Bikes site https://uk.virginmoneygiving.com/fundra ... encyType=S
World first bespoke 4G93 Chargecooled Turbocharger install 227Bhp @ 7358 ,202Ftlb @ 5089, 10Psi 1/4 mile 14.5247 @ 98.11mph

Wed Sep 03, 2014 22:13
Profile WWW

Drives:
Savvy

Belfast
Wow, I think he'd be proud of us, that is an amazing amount!

Please tell Mandy we are all thinking of her and the kids tomorrow
I'm not insane, I'm just smarter than you

Wed Sep 03, 2014 22:31

Derbyshire.
Sad day
Farewell Scott.
Thoughts for all attending today especially Scott's family.
Raise a rum on my behalf for Scott .
Satria Neo Sport 1.6
MG3 1.5 style lux
Nextanother Satria Neo Sport

Thu Sep 04, 2014 7:22

Drives:
GTI

Burnley
Only just seen this,only met him once when I collected an engine off him,sound lad,thoughts go out to his family and friends
RIP Scott

Thu Sep 04, 2014 11:24
Merda taurorum animas conturbit

Thu Sep 04, 2014 11:26

Drives:
Savvy

Belfast
Good tribute Figment

Thu Sep 04, 2014 17:16

Drives:
GTI

Just got back, Scott had one heck of a send off as it was packed, standing room only via monitors in another room.

Thanks to Mandy, Stu, the family and friends who made us very welcome at Mandy and Scott's afterwards.

Together with our donation an outstanding total of £1100 was donated towards to the bloodbikes Northumbria.

Sad day, but was full of reflection and memories.

Mandy and her mum, shed a tear when they saw the plaque which arrived yesterday (which by the way is gorgeously done)

All the best mate.

Thu Sep 04, 2014 17:24
Profile WWW

Drives:
Savvy

Belfast
Good to hear the day went as well as could be expected. Glad he got a great sendoff

Thu Sep 04, 2014 18:44

Drives:
GTI

It was amazing - so many people. Goes to show how much loved he was.

I want to take this opportunity again to thank you all for your generosity and sentiments which helped to give him a great send off from his friends here.

Thu Sep 04, 2014 18:49
Profile WWW

Drives:
Savvy

Belfast
Just happy to help raise cash for a worthwhile cause - just a shame it came at the expense of a member's life......

Thu Sep 04, 2014 19:16

Drives:
Non-Proton
smcbdev wrote:
Good to hear the day went as well as could be expected. Glad he got a great sendoff

+1

Fri Sep 05, 2014 4:01
25/04/1983 - 24/08/2014 RIP

Drives:
Non-Proton

Co. Durham
hi guys i cant work out how to send you a copy of the newsletter which thanks everyone for their donation so i have copied and pasted the write up.

Donation in honour of Scott Soulsby…….
We always appreciate donations from the public, but sadly it’s all too often that we receive them under the most upsetting of circumstances. Such was the case when we were contacted by friends and family of Scott Soulsby, who died when his Kawasaki motorbike crashed with a van on the B6309 between Ebchester and Stocksfield on 24th August. Scott, 31, lived in Dipton, County Durham with his wife Mandy and two young children. He knew about Northumbria Blood Bikes and had already told his family of his intentions to join our group. Mandy asked people to make donations to Northumbria Blood Bikes on Scott’s behalf instead of floral tributes at the funeral. Paying tribute to her husband, Mandy said: “Scott was a very well loved man and he touched a lot of people’s lives. He loved his motorbikes and going out for rides with his best friend. He loved our children dearly and took great pride in the people they are developing into.”
We were also approached by John Wardle, whose T.A.G.S. (South Moor) golf colleagues also wanted to contribute in Scott’s name. “We were going to send flowers, but our members insisted we send money to yourselves as opposed to flowers. Your work is so much more important”. We’d like to thank Vanessa Smith and John Wardle for contacting us to make donations in memory of Scott, and to Scott’s father, Ian, for allowing us to include this article in our newsletter. Our thoughts are with you all.

i also include a copy of the email i received from the vice chairman yesterday,

Can I take the opportunity to thank you all for your kind donations, and for allowing me to publish the article. It's important that our members understand the background to donations like this, as it helps to show how something good can come from a tragic incident.
Perhaps I can also tell you about a job which arose last month.... One of our riders did an urgent motorcycle run from Newcastle Blood & Transplant (Fenham Barracks, Newcastle) to a hospital about half an hour away. The heavens opened, and by the time he reached the hospital, he was soaked through. As he handed over the small box of blood, the doctor apologized for calling him out in such torrential rain..."But this is urgent for a premature baby we've had admitted, and he's in a bad way" he said. As our rider returned to his bike, it dawned on him that he had just played a very small part in saving the life of a new born baby. Fact of the matter is, we hardly ever know who the recipients of our service are, nor do we ever know how much of a difference we make. We do this job knowing only that we are, somewhere in the scheme of things, improving the quality of life for many of the recipients of the products we carry. - And that in itself is reward enough.
Scott would have been welcomed as a member of our charity, and we will ensure that the funds collected in his honour will be used appropriately to further our potentially life-saving service.
Kind regards,

Alan Ross,
Vice Chairman,
Northumbria Blood Bikes.

i cant thank everyone enough you have all been fantastic and i hope to meet you all at some point in the future, thanks mandy xxxxxxxxxxx :smt049
11 stone wet through, a bit of a pi55 head, and a little difficult to understand, but still decent entertainment.......

Thu Sep 11, 2014 20:04

Drives:
GTI

Hi Mandy , it's a lovely article , we read it last night. As it's a PDF , I can upload the whole newsletter so members can download to read. We have taken Scott's article and turned it into a JPEG (photo for easier upload)

Yes I'm sure you'll get chance to meet members in the future.

Mark

Thu Sep 11, 2014 20:29
Profile WWW

Drives:
Satria

Burnley, Lancashire
it is a touching article, and the email really makes you think about the vital service these volounteers do.

im sure we'll see you around mandy, and with any luck the kids might end up proton lovers too.
RIP Scott - We will never forget you

Thu Sep 11, 2014 20:37
Profile WWW

Drives:
Savvy

Belfast
Brilliant article. Shows the important nature of their work, and how vital volunteers are. It was a very worthwhile cause he was involved in Mandy

Stay in touch with us, and no doubt at some stage you'll have a bunch of us plaguing you in the future x

Thu Sep 11, 2014 22:01
Reply to topic   [ 94 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next