Time now: Mon Jun 01, 2020 2:39

[ 94 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Scott - a sad farewell 

Wales Wrexham
Post Re: Scott - a sad farewell
I've just checked the message now and in big shock.

Very sad news and a big loss for his family.

Scott was well known on here and did a lot for the club from the start.
Join the proton club for just £10 for the year thats 83p a month and help support the Proton club and forum! :smt114 Want extra help with problems, electrical diagrams Join the "Premier member" private section :smt111

Wed Aug 27, 2014 19:52
Profile WWW

Drives:
Gen2
Really sad news, didn't have the privilege of knowing Scott as am relatively new to the forum, thoughts and prayers are with his family at this really hard time.

Wed Aug 27, 2014 20:12

Drives:
Jumbuck

Bangor, N.Wales
Really very sorry to hear this.

I never had the pleasure of meeting Scott but I did get advice from him on here about plenty of things, his profile on here always put a smile on your face too, clearly had a great sense of humour.

My condolences go to his family, I'm more than happy to contribute to the club wreath. Rest easy mate.

Wed Aug 27, 2014 23:35

I left this forum around 2009 but never stopped logging in to check build threads.
If it wasnt weeble building crazy pick ups it was backdoor painted coupes to karnevils ITB gti ( and quirky comments ) it was Scott going that one step further building some awesome cars from a stunning looking yellow.. :roll: coupe, the clio with loads of change of plans to the most recent I think being the rvr.
I apologise for not contributing to the forum like the other members but to log on for a read and coming across this I am honestly speechless.
I didnt know him personally but gave great advice and was clearly a repsected member/friend to you guys.
My heart goes out to his family at this time and to you guys.

RIP mate. xx

Thu Aug 28, 2014 2:07
Club Ambassador and Vice Chairman

Drives:
GTI

Chesterfield,Derbyshire "The nutter capital"
I have received details of Scott's funeral. For anyone who wishes to attend please see the information below:-

The funeral will be held at Mountsett Crematorium (Stanley) on Thursday 4th September at 10.15am. (http://www.durham.gov.uk/Pages/Service. ... iceId=8845).

Full address for those wishing to Google map it:-

Mountsett Crematorium
Ewehurst Road
Dipton
Stanley
County Durham
DH9 9JP

Mandy has requested that friends come dressed in smart casual as opposed to the alternative more formal, mourning wear.

After the service, friends are invited to join Mandy for coffee and/or rum and coke and other refreshments at Mandy (and Scott's) home.

As you can appreciate, I do not want to publicly post the home address here, but can pass it on via private message. Alternatively, you can meet with myself at the crematorium and convoy along to Scott's home afterwards.
World first bespoke 4G93 Chargecooled Turbocharger install 227Bhp @ 7358 ,202Ftlb @ 5089, 10Psi 1/4 mile 14.5247 @ 98.11mph

Fri Aug 29, 2014 21:49
Profile WWW
25/04/1983 - 24/08/2014 RIP

Drives:
Non-Proton

Co. Durham
Vanessa/mark I am so extremely grateful for your support and your involvement during this horrific time, you are all welcome in myself and Scott's home to celebrate his life, his mam and dad are holding something at the golf club at south moor but I can't handle being away from home for too long so would rather people came here as it's more personal to me. Everyone is of course welcome to go wherever they like. Mandy xxxxxx
11 stone wet through, a bit of a pi55 head, and a little difficult to understand, but still decent entertainment.......

Fri Aug 29, 2014 21:57

Drives:
GTI

Mandy - we both liked Scott very much (as did many of the POC members) - it was always a pleasure to be in his company and we both felt compelled to honour him as best we could (as I'm sure everyone involved in his tributes have felt also). We would be honoured to accept your invitation to celebrate his life in your home. Thank you for your welcome.

Mark and Vanessa
World first bespoke 4G93 Chargecooled Turbocharger install 227Bhp @ 7358 ,202Ftlb @ 5089, 10Psi 1/4 mile 14.5247 @ 98.11mph

Fri Aug 29, 2014 22:08
Profile WWW

Drives:
Savvy

Belfast
Mandy

I know nothing any of us can say will even come close to making things easier, but please feel free to pm any of us if you need anything at all xx
I'm not insane, I'm just smarter than you

Fri Aug 29, 2014 22:27

Drives:
Compact

Bristol
This has indeed been a heck of a shock, it somehow seems far too real, it being a member we knew well and had often enjoyed a joke with.
Al and I would appreciate it if someone would raise a glass on our behalf when attending the celebration of Scott's life.
Sadly, all too soon he's no longer with us to add humour and laughter at our meets and as everyone has said, he'll be missed.
We'd like to add our support to Mandy and the kids if she feels she needs it. That's what friends are for and Scott was one of ours.

Moo

:smt022
My Yellow Proton makes me Happy

but I'm still a Moody Cow!

Sat Aug 30, 2014 21:49
The Cone Killer and Club Chairman

Drives:
Jumbuck

Chesterfield
I am so sorry but after hearing the news it has taken me all this time to even want to log on to a computer, my heart goes out to Mandy and the kids I just wish that I could take on part of the hurt that you are feeling and make it less painful. I hope that from all the posts you can see how much we all loved Scott, please know that if there is anything that you need there will always be a big group of his friends that would be honoured to help.

Raise hell up there mate !! :smt059

"Weebles wobble but they don't slow down !! "

Weeble the Mentalist a.k.a Collector of all things Proton including Clubs.

Evo powered 4wd Proton Jumbuck....

Sun Aug 31, 2014 8:16

Drives:
GTI

s.wales just out side Cardiff
rip my freind i think we met once or twice thoughts are with your family at this sad time
SUPERCHARGED, NITROUS SNARLING GTI
my car is like a post op transexual, its got the same stuff now it just wasn't born with it. Still a fun ride tho

Sun Aug 31, 2014 18:55

Drives:
GTI

We have an update on the situation regarding donations and tributes for Scott. Initially we had chosen to go with a specially designed club wreath, but have since received news regarding Mandy's wishes with regard to tributes.

Friends have been asked - rather than send flowers - to give donations to the Northumbria Blood Bikes (http://www.northumbriabloodbikes.org.uk). We are informed that this is a charity which Scott felt very deeply about and, had he lived, was going to become personally involved with. Therefore, those people that have already donated money have been contacted for their vote as to how the donations should be spent. 85% of all donatees who responded voted to donate the money to the charity in Scott's name from his friends at POC. So this is what we shall do and anyone who has not yet donated but still wishes to do so can still paypal their contribution to ukv_anessa@sky.com as the donation to the charity will be made either via cheque on the day of the funeral or online (depending on the wishes of the family due to the large sum being donated - we will let the club know what the final amount raised is once the donation has been handed over).

One point which has been raised is the lack of visible tribute to Scott on behalf of the club now that the wreath is to be replaced by the charitable donation. An idea that we have come up with which will still enable a large portion of the donations to go to the Blood Bikes is to have a plaque engraved in memory of Scott from his friends at the Proton Owners Club Uk. As you may or may not be aware, Scott and his family spent a fair amount of holidays in Cumbria at St. Bees in addition to him sometimes using this location as an end point for days out on his motorbike. Vanessa is going to contact the holiday company tomorrow who run the site to enquire as to whether we could have the plaque mounted within the grounds of the holiday park (she may have to go through Copeland Parish Council, but won't know this until she rings). If we fail to get permission to do this, myself and Vanessa are going on holiday to St. Bees later in September and will take the plaque with us and find a suitable location on the public pathway where we can safely mount the plaque where it can be seen by walkers and such.

Thanks to everyone who has helped with donations for Mandy's flowers and Scott's final tribute so far.

Sun Aug 31, 2014 19:05
Profile WWW

Hi all, I'm sure all my family will support me with a huge thankyou! This sounds brilliant as mark rightly says st bees was a place Scott loved to go. I think this is a great gesture and I hope the council will allow it

Cheers
Stu

Sun Aug 31, 2014 19:29

Drives:
GTI

Thanks Stuart, I'm glad we've have the family's support with the idea, I'm sure we will be able to sort it in an appropriate way. Vanessa will start the ball rolling tomorrow.

Sun Aug 31, 2014 20:15
Profile WWW

Drives:
Savvy

Belfast
The plaque sounds like an awesome idea guys
I'm not insane, I'm just smarter than you

Sun Aug 31, 2014 20:37

Derbyshire.
My donation sent
As said above the plaque in st bees sounds like a good idea
Satria Neo Sport 1.6
MG3 1.5 style lux
Nextanother Satria Neo Sport

Sun Aug 31, 2014 22:25

Drives:
GTI

Further update,

Vanessa rang the holiday park at St. Bees this morning and spoke to a nice man called Tom (who runs the park).  She explained the situation and asked if it would be possible to mount an engraved plaque somewhere on site in memory of Scott.  He was most helpful and said that 'yes' this would be possible.  He even remembered Scott's name as he had holidayed there just a short while before his accident.  Myself and Vanessa will get the plaque done and take it with us when we go later in the month and speak with Tom and hopefully get it mounted before we leave so that we can photograph it in-situ and post it up for you to see (we will post it up when it arrives after it is has been engraved).

Again, thanks to all those who have donated and helped to make this possible.  As you can appreciate, we will be having a very early start on Thursday morning so we will be preparing/making the donation on Wednesday evening (in whatever form the family requests).  With this in mind, we will have to put a deadline on our involvement with group donations to be made no later than Wednesday 3rd Sept 10pm.  Anyone wishing to donate after this time - we would ask that you do it personally via the Northumbria Blood Bike site on either of the two following pages https://mydonate.bt.com/donation/donation.html or https://uk.virginmoneygiving.com/fundra ... encyType=S

Once the donation has been made we will let you know the final total raised by his friends in the club.

Last edited by The Phoenix on Mon Sep 01, 2014 11:02, edited 1 time in total.

Mon Sep 01, 2014 9:56
Profile WWW
Premier Member

Drives:
GTI

East Yorkshire
Thats really good news Mark

Top work Van !

Really pleased about this, good idea, and something that will last, in the memory of scott

Something positive from such a sad event.
Blessed is he who learned to laugh at himself for he shall never cease to be entertained

At what point did we have to start playing the game 'Guess which way the car is going at the roundabout'

Mon Sep 01, 2014 11:01
25/04/1983 - 24/08/2014 RIP

Drives:
Non-Proton

Co. Durham
Thanks everyone that has donated yours have done more than we could ever have hoped, the st bees idea is absolutely amazing and I'm so grateful. We forever loved to be at that place with our dogs and kids and we will continue to travel over there as much as we can. I cried when I heard from stuart what yours were planning to do and I'm sure scott will be rolling his eyes at you all spending your money on him!!! Lol!! We had just returned home the day before Scott's accident after having a fantastic week away. I can't believe we only had a day at home before this happened but that's the way things panned out. I can't thank you'll all enough for your generosity and kindness. I look forward to finally meeting yous even under such circumstances. Thank you enormously from me and the kids xxxxxx
11 stone wet through, a bit of a pi55 head, and a little difficult to understand, but still decent entertainment.......

Mon Sep 01, 2014 19:41

Drives:
Coupé
Heart goes out to all family and friends,,,rip scott

Mon Sep 01, 2014 21:23
Reply to topic   [ 94 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next