Time now: Tue Oct 22, 2019 16:16

[ 17 posts ] 
What a week 
Club Ambassador and Vice Chairman

Drives:
GTI

Chesterfield,Derbyshire "The nutter capital"
Post What a week
I haven't really mentioned this apart from to the mods , we were burgled on Monday. :shock:

Never thought it would happen , especially having a German Shepherd , but we're being watched. Someone within our area is watching our movements and knows when we take the dogs out.

This has been going on for nearly 2 years now , as I'd noticed the gates had been opened on quite a number on occasions.

Monday we went out shopping without the dogs - no probs , but collected them sometime later from the front (in the car) to take them out for a run.

We came back and I noticed the gates had been tampered with , I shot up the garden to discover the backdoor was unlocked. Having raced through the house the front door was wide open (door key gone) baby gate wide open too (used to keep the dogs from the front door) a number of items were in the hallway by the door presumably to be taken (removed from various rooms in the house)

To cut a long story short , a considerably number of electronic items had been taken and value.

I took the following day off to purchase and install a cctv and arrange for purchase of lock replacements which I've now done.

Good news is that the insurance company will replace all items stolen :D (think we'll end up with newer items as some are obsolete now lol) :-D

Van's blackberry phone , kindle , blackberry tablet , 3 items of the few that were stolen have now been rendered completely useless, blacklisted and dead to internet etc by amazon and blackberry :lol:
World first bespoke 4G93 Chargecooled Turbocharger install 227Bhp @ 7358 ,202Ftlb @ 5089, 10Psi 1/4 mile 14.5247 @ 98.11mph

Sun Sep 01, 2013 1:23
Profile WWW

Derbyshire.
Post Re: What a week
Gutted for you.
B*****DS :smt013
We should have punishment like in saudi and cut their hands off.
Satria Neo Sport 1.6
MG3 1.5 style lux
Nextanother Satria Neo Sport

Sun Sep 01, 2013 6:52
Premier Member

Drives:
Persona (new)

The Deep South (coast)
Bad luck there - not happened to us but would imagine the thought of someone like that in your
home is as bad as having the stuff nicked :evil: As psycho says, burgulars are amongst the lowest...
2009 Proton Persona 16V IAFM saloon Automatic Ecologic, (Mica Black - my does-everything chief wheels)
2017 Citroen C3 1.2 PureTech 82 'Feel' hatch, (Ruby Red/Black roof - Wife's new offbeat 12V trolley)
1993 Porsche 968 16V Tiptronic Coupe, (Black, been 'sold' twice now, but no-one actually pays...)

Sun Sep 01, 2013 8:17
25/04/1983 - 24/08/2014 RIP

Drives:
Non-Proton

Co. Durham
That can't be a pleasant experience, never had anything of note stolen so can't empathise. That explains a couple of Facebook posts.
11 stone wet through, a bit of a pi55 head, and a little difficult to understand, but still decent entertainment.......

Sun Sep 01, 2013 9:37

Drives:
GTI

Yeah they are the lowest of the low.

Yeah fb posts were about it lol , been such a busy week trying to move forward , update security etc.
It is quite disturbing knowing they've rifled through personal possessions especially paperwork etc and knowing they have seen what else we have. :shock:
World first bespoke 4G93 Chargecooled Turbocharger install 227Bhp @ 7358 ,202Ftlb @ 5089, 10Psi 1/4 mile 14.5247 @ 98.11mph

Sun Sep 01, 2013 10:08
Profile WWW

Derbyshire.
The Phoenix wrote:

Yeah fb posts were about it lol , been such a busy week trying to move forward , update security etc.
It is quite disturbing knowing they've rifled through personal possessions especially paperwork etc and knowing they have seen what else we have. :shock:

Good on you for having CCTV fitted just in case they attempt again you then have proof for police Id !
Satria Neo Sport 1.6
MG3 1.5 style lux

Sun Sep 01, 2013 11:57

Drives:
GTI

psychosatria wrote:
The Phoenix wrote:

Good on you for having CCTV fitted just in case they attempt again you then have proof for police Id !

Should of bought one ages ago , oh well. :roll:

It's not a bad system at all , was easy to install as I did it , very comprehensive osd setup , can network and can access via 3g/4g mobile , tablets and even remote view on a computer anywhere in the world. ;)

I'm looking to add on camera's , looking at a few 700TVL ones at the mo which are really good to clearly see faces and number plates. :D

One of the cops suggested some spikes on the gate - currently thinking about Prikika-strip from Screwfix or possible Cactus on fleabay which are sharp so would cut - DNA is even better than fingerprints. :-D

Sun Sep 01, 2013 12:56
Profile WWW

Sorry to hear bad news Mark.
Get some carpet gripper rods on.They will hurt. \:D/

Sun Sep 01, 2013 16:56

Drives:
GTI

horris wrote:
Sorry to hear bad news Mark.
Get some carpet gripper rods on.They will hurt. \:D/

Cheers Steve ;)

:lol: I'd been told about using carpet grippers - I want some longer spikes! :lol:

Sun Sep 01, 2013 17:10
Profile WWW

Drives:
Non-Proton

Cheshire
That's pretty crap Mark and I know how it feels, every morning I get up and look to see if the cars are all still there and its ages since we were last done, that's why I don't post much about my cars anymore, I am too paranoid, anyway hopefully the cameras will deter them now and chin up as you said the insurance will help when you get new tech
%*&@ the FRENCH AND THEIR CARS

Sun Sep 01, 2013 17:12

Drives:
GTI

Gazzor wrote:
That's pretty crap Mark and I know how it feels, every morning I get up and look to see if the cars are all still there and its ages since we were last done, that's why I don't post much about my cars anymore, I am too paranoid, anyway hopefully the cameras will deter them now and chin up as you said the insurance will help when you get new tech

Cheers Gary ;)

Any kind of theft make you paranoid - got to stop watching the cctv monitor all the time! :roll:

First biggy hurdle will be going out again.

Yeah insurance uses other companies to source and replace all items , where they can't we'll either have a voucher or refund for monies. :)

Sun Sep 01, 2013 19:44
Profile WWW

Drives:
Gen2

Wokingham
Hi Mark

Sorry to hear your news. I hope things get sorted for you both soon.

Sun Sep 01, 2013 19:58

Drives:
Savvy

Belfast
That sucks big time. I know the cops said about putting spikes but if you do I think you have to have warning signs :smt013 . I think the cameras are a good idea, give you some extra peace of mind perhaps. The other thing to try and get are window/door sensors so if someone tries to open an alarmed window they get a blast in their ear and you know what's going on
I'm not insane, I'm just smarter than you

Sun Sep 01, 2013 20:36

Drives:
GTI

iant wrote:
Hi Mark

Sorry to hear your news. I hope things get sorted for you both soon.

Cheers Ian.

Sun Sep 01, 2013 21:28
Profile WWW

Drives:
GTI

smcbdev wrote:
That sucks big time. I know the cops said about putting spikes but if you do I think you have to have warning signs :smt013 . I think the cameras are a good idea, give you some extra peace of mind perhaps. The other thing to try and get are window/door sensors so if someone tries to open an alarmed window they get a blast in their ear and you know what's going on

Think the spike come with warning stickers anyway , probably better to use them than carpet grippers lol

Screwfix prikka-strip

http://www.screwfix.com/p/brown-wall-sp ... of-8/67458

Cactus

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/FENCE-GUARD-S ... 2a3082f69b

Sun Sep 01, 2013 21:32
Profile WWW

Derbyshire.
My dad had similar problems with his yard/out buildings they would get broken into steal tools and damage anything they couldnt get out he wanted to put broken glass around cemented in to tops of walls etc and police advised he would be in bother if intruders got injured. :shock:
I wonder if you put up a warning sign saying "enter my house without my consent and i will beat the sh*t out of you"
do you think that would cover it!!! :D
Satria Neo Sport 1.6
MG3 1.5 style lux

Sun Sep 01, 2013 22:20

Drives:
GTI

:smt005

Mon Sep 02, 2013 5:06
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 17 posts ]