Time now: Thu Nov 21, 2019 11:32

[ 2 posts ] 
Trying to trace the history of this car 

Drives:
GTI

Hersham Surrey
Post Trying to trace the history of this car
My mate inherited a Ferrari 308 GTB Convertible as part payment for a job he was owed on a long time back.

This car is unique and is totally gorgeous! (i'll try a get some pics).

Many many years down the line and the car is still in storage but in the safe hands of a very well known Ferrari dealership in Surrey but not even they can sus out who the work was done by. They do say though that the conversion has been done properly.
There is paperwork floating around for this car which I'm sure if my mate really puts his mind to it, he should be able to get hold of but then I've been telling him that forever.

Looking on the net the car came up for auction at the Earls Court motor show on October 23, 1997 (estimate £ 20.000-25.000). but didn't sell.

I have contacted guys in Germany on the 308 GTB register site and engine/chassis number 22533 does exist and is listed as a convertible.

They just had one other source of information:

22533 308
GTB Steel
Spider
Conversion
by Daytona Motor Company,
Wokingham, UK 78 Rosso Chiaro/Nero
RHD UK

So my question is, does anyone have a bright idea as to how to look up a "long gone" company historically?

Leaving such a beauty in storage is sacrilege when it could be worth 10's of k's

Yup, my mate should really get off his $rse and sort himself out. :)
AWD GTI 4G63 250 BHP@4985 rpm 281 ft/lbs but not for long .....

Fri Jan 04, 2013 0:45
Premier Member

Drives:
Persona (new)

The Deep South (coast)
Post Re: Trying to trace the history of this car
Details of the previous registered keeper will be on the V5C.
Ferrari themselves should be able to tell you who the car was originaly sold too, or at least know who the original UK supplying dealer was.
2009 Proton Persona 16V IAFM saloon Automatic Ecologic, (Mica Black - my does-everything chief wheels)
2017 Citroen C3 1.2 PureTech 82 'Feel' hatch, (Ruby Red/Black roof - Wife's new offbeat 12V trolley)
1993 Porsche 968 16V Tiptronic Coupe, (Black, been 'sold' twice now, but no-one actually pays...)

Fri Jan 04, 2013 15:48
Reply to topic   [ 2 posts ]