Time now: Tue Nov 13, 2018 6:42

[ 2 posts ] 
MG motors uk 

Derbyshire.
Post MG motors uk
What Are your opinions and views on the current range?
Looking slushmatics in depth knowledge here :smt045
Been to look at some recently and very impressed with the spec and finish. :D
Very reminiscent of Proton of Old good spec bargain prices,but still far better looking and finish than Dacia .
The reviews are reminiscent of protons by motoring journalists too.
Satria Neo Sport 1.6
FIAT Punto 2012
Next either Satria Neo Sport or a MINI cooper S

Sat Nov 03, 2018 8:38
Premier Member

Drives:
Persona (new)

The Deep South (coast)
Post Re: MG motors uk
I've seen a few 'supermini' MG3's around here on the south coast, despite no MG dealers for many miles and see more of them in the Potteries when I'm up that way, but the newer 'GS' SUV model is a rarer sighting.

MG3 seems a sound enough car, (read a sensible review of it on SniffPetrol) if you could tolerate the highish CO2 road tax rates. MG apparently at least fixed many of the poor-quality issues that afflicted the early MG6's.

My Missus gets 'What VAG?', (sorry, 'What Car?') mag as a work 'perk' and they tested a low trim GS against a smaller/cheaper Duster last month. Taken point by point, they couldn't find much wrong with it for the price, they just went on about how much better the, (pricier and often smaller SUV) 'class leaders' were and not surprisingly it was the Duster, (grim trim aside, I quite rate) that won the test. Ironically, the GS is as good on emissions ratings in context as the unblown 1.5 petrol MG3 is poor.

Probably the best place for quality info is UK-made car enthusiast website AR Online. Certainly not everyone on there is a fan of new MG, but some are. Aside from the merits or otherwise of the cars, they note that the UK dealers have a high turnover rate, which is something to consider and a marked contrast to the generally loyal Proton dealers I'm familiar with around my way.
Q.3 2009 Proton Persona 16V IAFM saloon Automatic Ecologic, (Mica Black - my does-everything chief wheels)

Q.1 1993 Porsche 968 16V Coupe Tiptronic, (Black - a bit quick and it's autobox almost as good as the Persona's...)

Q.1 2009 Chevrolet Aveo 1.2 LS 5 door hatch, (Custard yellow - Wife's trolley - also a 16V, but GM porridge)

Sat Nov 03, 2018 18:13
Reply to topic   [ 2 posts ]